With the opening of the 2020 UEFA.com fans' Men's Team of the Year polls, football fans around the world are once again invited to have their say.
Choose Men's Team of the Year
Fans have until January to choose their favorite XI' from a short list of Europe's 50 outstanding players: five goalkeepers, 15 defenders, 15 midfielders and 15 forwards.
Candidates are recommended by the UEFA broadcast team before being approved by the Technical Observer panel based on their performance in UEFA competitions and local competitions within UEFA' member associations from January to December 2020.
Moderated by the UEFA Technical Observer panel, the UEFA.com Men's Team of the Year was selected to reflect the votes of the fans in line with the achievements of the players throughout the calendar year.
What can you earn
Users who submit teams will participate in the prize draw:
• First prize is two tickets, including flights and accommodation, to the UEFA Champions League finals for both men and women.
• The second prize is a signed jersey from a player from the Men's Team of the Year.
• The third prize is five vouchers of €100 ', which you can redeem in the official UEFA'
• Most nominated club : At one point in 2020, ten players representing UEFA Champions League winners Bayern München' were nominated, including UEFA Male Player of the Year Robert Lewandowski'. Liverpool were their closest rivals with eight nominations.
• Total number of clubs : Candidates represented a total of 21 clubs, including when players appeared for two clubs in 2020'.
• Total number of nationalities : 50 candidates, 19 representing national teams; Germany (six candidates) surpasses France(five) as the country with the most approvals.
• Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) was nominated for the 17th year.
• Bayern left guard Alphonso Davies (who turned 20 in early November) is the youngest candidate, followed by Dortmund forward Erling Braut Haaland, who had his 20th birthday in July.
• Brazilian defender Thiago Silva, who turned 36 in September (leaving Paris for Chelsea in the summer), is the oldest candidate on the list.
• The average age of the 50 nominated players is just over 27'. There are 15 players over the age of 30 and 12 players who are not yet 25 years old.
• Of the 50 nominated players, 11' represent national teams from outside Europe.
• Premier League and Bundesliga are the most represented leagues; The list includes 15 players who took part in Germany's best flight in 2020-#39 at some point, and 15 players who played similarly in the Premier League.
• Spanish clubs had a relatively quiet year; Only four players from Liga, one each from Real Madrid and one from Barcelona, made the final calculation.
The UEFA.com fans' Team of the Year has been hugely popular with fans, receiving millions of votes each year since its launch in 2001'. Some players became regular team members.
UEFA.com fans' Team of the Year multi jersey wearing three player :
14 : Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus)
11 : Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
8 : Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Full statistical breakdown of candidates