With a four-out-four win, Arsenal move into the UEFA Europa League qualifying stage for the fourth consecutive season, and the revived Rapid Wien' need just one point for their 5th Matchday at home to secure first place in Group B'.
• Both clubs entered this fixture by completing their double upper group rivals, Rapid de Losing their first two games to Molde 4-1 at home and 3-0 away at home, Rapid de Dundalk defeated Dundalk' twice and scored seven goals (4-3 hours, 3-1) a). Austria side are on the same level as Molde in six points and they know that regardless of the result in North London', they will go to their last match at home to Norway side with their destiny in their hands.
• The first UEFA match of the clubs took place on the 1st match day, Arsenal came from behind to beat David Luiz''s goals and backup Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang' after passing through Taxiarchis Fountas' in Vienna.
• Arsenal have faced the Austrian opposition once before in the UEFA competition and had already taken command despite losing the second away leg of their 1991/92 European Cup first-round draw against Rapid''s city rivals Austria Wien 1-0. 6-1 win at Highbury – English football's first European Cup game in six years following the Heysel ban – striker Alan Smith scored four goals in 16 second half minutes in his first game in Europe.
• Quickly beat Aston Villa, who ran for two seasons in the UEFA Europa League play-offs ', to qualify for the group stage – 2009/10 (1-0 hrs, 1-2 a) and 2010/11 (1-1 hrs, 1-1 hrs). 3- 2 a) – 3-1 against Everton' in Rotterdam in the 1985 European Cup Winners' Cup final, despite losing his most high-profile fixture against British opposition. Rapid''s record record in England' is the W1 L3' victory in their last visit in the 2010 match at Villa Park'.
• Eighth place in the 2019/20 Premier League', Arsenal win the FA Cup' with new manager Mikel Arteta for the 25th consecutive season – the club's 14th competitive victory – 2-1 win over Chelsea' in London' . The third consecutive UEFA Europa League campaign ended in 32 rounds, with Olympiacos' beating away goals 1-0 by 1-2 hours.
• UEFA Champions League, presented for 19 consecutive seasons between 1998/99 and 2016/17, Arsenal reached the UEFA Europa League semi-finals in their first attempt in 2017/18', losing to Atlético de Madrid', who won before they left. One step further and they reached the 2018/19 final in Baku where they lost 4-1 to Chelsea '. They have also been group winners in the previous three matches.
• The 1999/2000 UEFA Cup runner-up has lost two of their last six matches in Europe, but the overall UEFA Europa League record at Arsenal Stadium is W14 D3 L3/#39. These numbers are supported by back-to-back wins against W8 D1 L1, Dundalk (3-0) and Molde in the group stage this season.
• Rapid, who came second in the 2019/20 Austrian Bundesliga, 12 points behind champion Salzburg, took part in the second qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League, returning to Europe after a one-year hiatus. There, they took Dietmar Kühbauer's team to the UEFA Europa League group stage, beating Lokomotiva Zagreb 1-0 before losing 2-1 in Gent.
• This is the Vienna club's eighth participation in the UEFA Europa League group stage. In their most recent appearances in the 2015/16 season and the 2018/19 season, they made it to the knockout stage only twice, eliminating both Rangers and Spartak Moskva' when they finished second, ten points behind Villarreal'. He was then eliminated by Internazionale in the round of 32 (0-1 hours, 0-4 a).
• Rapid lost eight of their last 11 away fixtures in the UEFA Europa League, failing to score in five, thanks to Christoph Knasmüllner and Ercan Kara's (two) goals despite winning the last timeout at Dundalk'.
Links and trivia
• Arsenal manager Arteta came as a first half substitute in both legs of Paris Saint-Germain''s 6-2' total win over Rapid' in the 2001/02 UEFA Cup second round (4-0 hrs, 2-2 a).
• Sead Kolašinac of Arsenal' and Srdjan Grahovac of Rapid' are international friends for Bosnia and Herzegovina.
• Knasmüllner played for English second-tier club Barnsley for six months in 2018', while teammate Marcel Ritzmaier is currently on loan from Yorkshire club Rapid'.
• Three Arsenal players have won with clean sheets against Rapid#39 in the UEFA Europa League for other clubs prior to this season. Bernd Leno scored with a 4-0 win for Bayer Leverkusen in the 2012/13 group stage, Shkodran Mustafi was on Valencia's defense with a 4-0 win in the 2015/16 round of 32', and Cédric played in both games. 32nd in round 2018/19 for Internazionale (1-0 a, 4-0 h).
• Arsenal''s win in Matchday 4' was 27th in the UEFA Europa League', two more wins than local rivals Tottenham' in a competition by an English club from the group stage to the final.
• Rapid''s defeat in Molde' at Matchday 2' was the 26th UEFA Europa League' defeat from the group stage to the final, equaling the competition record previously held by another Norwegian club Rosenborg alone. The Austrian club scored 95 goals in the tournament – only Villarreal (97) scored more.