Matchday 1 of the UEFA Europa League featured 73 goals, two hat-tricks, a 6-2, 5-3 and perhaps the final long-range finish from Rangers' Kemar Roofe.
With 2,160 minutes of football condensed into each match night, get a feel for what happens when the action starts up again.
Group A : Rome – CSKA Sofia (21:00 CET), CFR Cluj – Young Boys (21:00 CET)
Group B : Arsenal – Dundalk (21:00 CET), Molde – Rapid Vienna (21:00 CET)
Group C : Slavia Praha – Leverkusen (21:00 CET), Nice – Hapoel Beer-Sheva (21:00 CET)
Group D : Benfica – Standard Liège (21:00 CET), Rangers – Lech Poznań (21:00 CET)
Group E : Omonoia – PSV Eindhoven (21:00 CET), Granada – PAOK (21:00 CET)
Group F : Real Sociedad – Napoli (21:00 CET), AZ Alkmaar – Rijeka (21:00 CET)
Group G : AEK Athens – Leicester (18:55 CET), Zorya Luhansk – Braga (18:55 CET)
Group H : AC Milan – Sparta Praha (18:55 CET), LOSC Lille – Celtic (18:55 CET)
Group I : Qarabağ – Villarreal (18:55 CET), Sivasspor – Maccabi Tel-Aviv (18:55 CET)
Group J : LASK – Ludogorets (18:55 CET), Royal Antwerp – Tottenham (18:55 CET)
Group K : CSKA Moscow – Dinamo Zagreb (18:55 CET), Feyenoord – Wolfsberg (18:55 CET)
Group L : Gent – Hoffenheim (18:55 CET), Crvena zvezda – Slovan Liberec (18:55 CET)
MATCH OF THE WEEK: Real Sociedad vs Napoli
Two famous European names meet for the first time in San Sebastian, a tie to evoke the love of some of the teams' established stars. Real Sociedad's David Silva scored two wins for Manchester City against Napoli in the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League, while Napoli's Fernando Llorente scored three goals in nine Liga games against La Real while playing for Basque rivals Athletic Club .
Real Sociedad coach Imanol Alguacil has described Napoli as "a strong side with good players that I love", but Partenopei boss Gennaro Gattuso might think he didn't have time to admire the looks after his team lost 1-0 to AZ Alkmaar. "one. We took a big hit on match day,” he said.
worth pointing out
• Zlatan Ibrahimović got another chance to become the second-oldest goalscorer in UEFA Europa League history as he welcomed side Sparta (Molde's Daniel Hestad holds the record with a score of 40 years 98 days against Celtic on 5 November 2015). As with many other issues, if the 39-year-old refuses to take the second-best place, he will likely need to score in this season's tournament to break the record; On January 9, 2022, he will be 40 years old and 98 days old.
• Harry Kane, who missed his club's opening game against LASK, only scores two goals from the 200th game goal for Tottenham; The most effective goalscorer in UEFA Champions League history could have achieved that goal at Royal Antwerp. Kane's teammate, Toby Alderweireld, was born in Antwerp and was once featured in The Great Old's rivals, Germinal Beerschot's books. A petition to have a statue of the defender erected in Ekeren, the suburb where he grew up, garnered 800 signatures, but Alderweireld said: “I think 80 of all the people[%] are my friends.”
• Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored Arsenal's winner at Rapid Wien on Matchday 1 and will welcome more goals in his 20th UEFA Europa League match for Gunners as he welcomes Dundalk. Filippo Giovagnoli, the Italian coach of the Irish champions, said: “Arsenal has better players than us, better coaches and everything, but this is the challenge. We have to play very heartily, run hard and be a little crazy and brave. , but we'll try. ”
• Expect to read a lot of 'Darwin Núñez' in the coming weeks; The 21-year-old Uruguayan, who is reportedly Benfica's most expensive signing to date, arrived in Lisbon from Spanish side Almería this summer and scored a hat-trick in his UEFA Europa League debut at Lech Poznań. “We got it right,” coach Jorge Jesus said just in time. “He will be one of the best players in the world. Unfortunately, I may lose him in the near future.” The new Edinson Cavani belongs to the Europa League for now.
• Get the latest fixtures, standings and stats here .