North Macedonia went to Amsterdam to take on the Netherlands for the first time in more than 12 years as it ended its Group C campaign.
• North Macedonia is one of the two teams that, along with Finland, made it to the finals of UEFA EURO 2020' The Dutch want to reach the qualifying stages for the first time since 2008'
• All four teams' fixtures qualified for the FIFA World Cup'. In the 2006 qualifiers, North Macedonia drew 2-2 on October 9, 2004 at Skopje City Stadium – now National Arena Todor Proeski – 2-2, Goran Pandev's (45) and Aco Stojkov's (71) quickly scored Wilfred Leveling attacks of Bouma (43) and Dirk Kuyt' (66).
• Before a goalless draw on the field of this match – later Amsterdam ArenA, now Johan Cruijff ArenA – the last qualifying fixture of both teams on 12 October 2005'. The Dutch side of Marco van Basten' advanced to the finals in Germany as the winner of Group 1', while North Macedonia finished fifth in the seven-team division with nine points out of 12.
• Bert van Marwijk was in charge of Netherlands' when they faced a North Macedonia team led by Srečko Katanec' in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers. Pandev was on target again in Skopje on September 10, 2008 in', but the 77th minute penalty was just a consolation goal, with John Heitinga (46) and Rafael van der Vaart' (60) hitting the visitors earlier in a 2-1 win .
• Van der Vaart scored again in Amsterdam on April 1, 2009 in #39 and scored the final goal in the 1st half in the 4-0 Netherlands win with Kuyt (16, 41) and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (25). Again, the Dutch were qualified as the group winners, and North Macedonia scored seven points in the five-team division and scored a maximum of 24 points out of eight games they played in fourth place.
• Pandev played in all the previous four matches between the sides.
EURO facts: North Macedonia
• This is the first final tournament of North Macedonia'. Prior to UEFA EURO 2020', they had never passed fourth place in the qualifying divisions for a UEFA European Championship or FIFA World Cup.
• Igor Angelovski's side finished third in Group G in the UEFA EURO 2020 division, behind Poland (25 points) and Austria (19). North Macedonia scored 14 points out of ten matches (W4 D2 L4) at the same level as Slovenia, but despite losing two of their last three games, they are away from Poland (0-2) and Austria (1-2).
• North Macedonia qualified for the EURO play-offs by completing the 2018/19 UEFA Nations League division ahead of Armenia, Gibraltar and Liechtenstein', and won five of the six matches (L1) and finished five points clearly at the top of the standings.
• Before Angelovski''s team won enough of Krste Velkovski''s captain Goran Pandev''s strike to win the final in Georgia 1-0', Krste Velkovski''s first international goal in the play-off 2 home semi-finals of Kosovo&1TP3 that determined the competition -1 was the winner.
• Defeating Israel 1-0 in the Final Group G qualifiers, these play-off results made him three consecutive EURO qualifying wins for North Macedonia for the first time.
• North Macedonia became the 35th country to qualify for EURO'.
• These two matches against the Netherlands were the only previous match of North Macedonia' in Amsterdam, so their record is D1 L1 and no goals.
EURO facts: Netherlands
• The Netherlands took part in the previous nine UEFA European Championship final tournaments; For the first time since 1984/#39, they missed UEFA EURO 2016', where they did not take part in a EURO'.
• Champions in 1988' – the only major international cup – the Netherlands finished third at the 1976 UEFA European Championship', and reached the semi-finals in 1992, 2000' and in 2004'. The last qualifying matches came in 2008'. lost to Russia' after overtime in the quarter-finals.
• In its last EURO appearance in 2012, a team coached by Van Marwijk' finished without points in a group that included Portugal, Germany and Denmark; which made him four final tournament defeats in a row.
• Oranje placed fourth in the UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying group after Czech Republic, Iceland and Turkey.
• This is the first time in a European Championship or World Cup since the Netherlands finished third in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil #39.
• However, the Dutch reached the final in the first UEFA Nations League in 2019', and after overtime in the semi-finals, they defeated England ' 3-1 and lost 1-0 to the host Portugal' in the final.
• Ronald Koeman''s side placed second in Group C' in UEFA EURO 2020 qualifiers, after Germany', by collecting 19 points from eight matches (W6 D1 L1). Koeman was replaced as coach by Frank de Boer in September 2020.
• Memphis Depay had eight assists in qualifying, more than any other player. He played a direct role in % 58' of 24 goals for the Netherlands, scoring six goals.
• Georginio Wijnaldum, who scored ten goals in his first 53 international matches, became the Netherlands' top scorer by scoring eight goals in seven qualifying matches.
• Before the 1st Matchday match against Ukraine, the Netherlands''s overall Amsterdam record was W56 D26 L34. Johan Cruijff's record at ArenA' was W39 D19 L14, but they had won only seven of the last 19 matches in the stadium (D2 L10). The Netherlands, which qualified to participate in UEFA EURO 2020-#39, lost 3-2 to Germany-#39 in Amsterdam, but beat Estonia 5-0 here.
Links and trivia
• Eljif Elmas joined Heerenveen' from Rabotnički' in 2015, but was immediately loaned and did not appear in the first team for the Dutch club.
• Darko Velkovski was in Rijeka team which lost 4-1 in AZ Alkmaar' in the UEFA Europa League group stage on 29 October 2020'. Marco Bizot, Owen Wijndal, Calvin Stengs and Teun Koopmeiners were featured for the Dutch club, the latter opening the score from the penalty spot.
• Elmas took part in the second half of Napoli''s 1-1 UEFA Europa League draw on 3 December 2020' at AZ' Bizot, Koopmeiners, Wijndal, Stengs and the home team were replaced by Myron Boadu.
• Also, on December 3, 2020, Arijan Ademi played 90 minutes with Dinamo Zagreb''s 2-0 win against a Feyenoord side, which also includes Steven Berghuis' in his TV series.