Defeated at home by Antwerp last time, LASK may need to win Tottenham Hotspur at home to keep their hopes of further advancement from Group J' alive, while the British visitors need just one spot to make it to round 32.
• Antwerp and Tottenham, who met in north London at 6' on matchday, and Tottenham, after losing all four games including the last two to Spurs' (1-3 hours), together with Ludogorets, three ahead of LASK', with nine points. led the rankings. , 0-4 a). The Austrian side also had a poor head-to-head record against Antwerp, beating them 1-0, losing Matchday 4''s return 0-2 in Linz'.
• The clubs' debut in the UEFA competition took place in London on the opening night of Group J' and was positive for Tottenham, who both went to a 3-0 home win with Lucas Moura and Heung-Min Son on the score sheet.
• LASK lost in all three matches it played against Premier League teams and lost to Manchester United(#39) at home (0-5) and away (1-2) in the UEFA Europa League tour of 16' last season. Losing in the first leg, Linz continues to be the heaviest at home in the competition in Europe.
• Tottenham are currently undefeated in five games against Austrian opponents (W4 D1), but this is their first visit to Austria in 29 years as they beat second-tier Stockerau 1-0 in the first leg of the 1991/92 European Cup Winners. Cup preliminary round. In the next round – Linz''s neutral ground – they returned to the country to face Croatian side Hajduk Split, losing 1-0 while winning the return leg 2-0.
• LASK, who finished fourth in the 2019/20 Austrian Bundesliga, had the longest and most successful European run in its history, from the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League to the 16th round of the UEFA Europa League last season.
• LASK made its debut in the UEFA Europa League group stage last year and in a group of three European crabs from Sporting CP, PSV Eindhoven and Rosenborg', they beat AZ Alkmaar' in the 32nd round in the club's first spring European football experience. . They were then eliminated by Manchester United, returning to the group stage this term after their big knockout wins against DAC Dunajská Streda' (7-0 h) and Sporting' (4-1 a) in the playoffs. Both were club record wins in this competition.
• The team from Danube city won nine of their 12 matches in Europe' in the last three seasons and scored 30 goals in the process. They recorded three home wins in the group stage of last season and made it four out of four at this intersection of the competition with a 4-3 win against Ludogorets in Game 2 before losing to Antwerp'.
• In the 2019/20 season, Tottenham finished outside the top four of the Premier League for the first time in five seasons and reached the final in 2018/19/#39, finishing a four-season run in sixth place in the UEFA Champions League. and were eliminated in the 16th round last season by RB Leipzig (0-1h, 0-3a).
• Spurs''s 2020/21 European campaign started at an earlier stage than previous seasons, but José Mourinho''s side qualified with Lokomotiv Plovdiv (2-1) and Shkëndija (3-1) before defeating Maccabi Haifa' 7-2 ties won. He will carry the club to the UEFA Europa League group stage for the sixth time at home in the play-offs. Unable to make further progress in the 2011/12 season, the two-time UEFA Cup winners qualified for 32 rounds in each of their last four group entries, most recently when they reached the last 16 in 2015/16'.
• While Tottenham''s away record in the UEFA Europa League group stage is W7 D6 L4, their Matchday 3 win at Ludogorets' was their second win in the last six games (D1 L3).
Links and trivia
• Tottenham''s Steven Bergwijn drew 0-0 at home against LASK' in the group stage of PSV Eindhoven' last season.
• Spurs coach Mourinho's only experience in UEFA Europa League' before this season was when Manchester United lifted the trophy in 2016/17 season. One season in the UEFA Cup' ended in victory as he led Porto to victory in 2002/03'.
• Tottenham's sixth appearance in the UEFA Europa League group stage is a record for an English club. They became the first Premier League side to write 50 matches in the competition suitable for Matchday 2-#39.
• Spurs are one of six former UEFA Cup winners in this season's UEFA Europa League group stage, alongside Bayer Leverkusen (Group C), PSV Eindhoven (E), Napoli (F), CSKA Moskva and Feyenoord (both K).