Georginio Wijanldum took a penalty and then scored a late win as the Netherlands came from behind to secure the victory – but not enough for them to reach the finals.
Poland-Netherlands: reaction as it is
The home team reached a dream start before Kamil Jóźwiak opened his international account dramatically and blasted out from the left, before stepping inside to net a spectacular solo goal.
It almost got better for Poland when Przemysław Płacheta intervened from the other flank for a mere rebound effort from the post.
Between these two attempts, Donyell Malen was on his way to a glorious chance, while the visitors who rejected asukasz Fabiański Frenkie de Jong' pressed for a plane.
The Dutch dominated after the break and Memphis Depay finally returned to normal conditions when Jan Bednarek' cleared the spot after it was decided that Wijnaldum' had fouled.
And six minutes later, when Wijnaldum met Steven Berghuis' in the near corner and his header landed in the far corner, the turn was complete.
Piotr Kozminski, correspondent for Poland
They far outperformed their effort from Poland' against Italy', but they still have nothing left to show after being defeated by a Dutch comeback. Robert Lewandowski''s retreat at the timeout made things even more difficult for them and with the excellent Depay it seemed like the home team's pullback was only a matter of time, and that was proven.
Georginio Wijnaldum, Dutch midfielder UEFA.com'a he speaks like this: "We created a lot of good luck and we ended up winning. It's true that we won our second game in a row, but if you ask me if we're going in a good direction, he says we still have things to improve, but of course we get positive aspects from those wins."
Polish winger Kamil Jóźwiak UEFA.com'a speaking: "First for Poland my goal It feels great to throw. but ray There's also the bitter part – we lost the game. I was disappointed in this aspect. We could have scored for a second, but we didn't and then we conceded twice. This was disappointing, but we made progress in many aspects compared to our match against Italy'. "
- Jóźwiak scored his first international goal in his eighth appearance.
- Poland has won only two of its ten matches in the UEFA Nations League, and has scored one or less goals in seven matches.
- This was the Netherlands'#39;s first away winner in the UEFA Nations League'.
- The Netherlands had lost all three of their previous matches in Chorzow'.
- Poland scored the first goal in 10 of their last 16 games.
- 32 of Oranje''s last 46 goals were scored at or after the 55th minute.
- Depay has scored 12 goals in his last 21 games for the Netherlands, both of which came in the last 35 minutes.
- Wijnaldum has scored 13 goals in his last 20 international games.
Poland : Fabiański; Kędziora, Glik, Bednarek, Reca (Rybus 81); Płacheta (Grosicki 76), Krychowiak (Linetty 71), Klich, Zieliński (Moder 71), Jóźwiak; Lewandowski (Piątek 46)
Netherlands : Krul; Hateboer (Dumfries 57), De Vrij, Blind (L de Jong 84), Van Aanholt; Klaassen (Van de Beek 70), Wijnaldum, F de Jong; Stengs (Berghuis 70), Depay, Malen
The UEFA Nations League final tournament will take place from 6 to 10 October 2021. Teams will return to competitive action in the spring in the 2022 FIFA World Cup European Qualifiers.