In the 2020 Men's Team of the Year voting by UEFA.com fans, the 50 finalists represent 21 clubs and 19 different national teams.
Choose Men's Team of the Year
Candidates are recommended by the UEFA broadcast team before being approved by the Technical Observer panel based on their performance in UEFA competitions and local competitions within UEFA' member associations from January to December 2020.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been nominated for the 17th year in a row; took part in 14 teams, including each of the last 13' All records.
- Lionel Messi has been nominated for the 15th time and wants to make the team the 11th time. Sergio Ramos and Robert Lewandowski are shortlisted for the ninth time.
- Twenty-one players form the 50-man shortlist for the first time; All 22' 12 months ago (including ten from the last XI'), the remaining seven return to the account.
- Romelu Lukaku has been nominated for the first time since 2010, when he nodded at Anderlecht at the age of 17.
- Alphonso Davies is the first Canadian player to be nominated in the team's 20-year history.
- Atalanta and Leipzig are among the candidates for the first time.
- Ciro Immobile is Lazio's first candidate since the Jaap Stam in 2004'.
- Anthony Lopes and Houssem Aouar are Lyon's first candidates since 2010'.
- Erling Braut Haaland is Norway's first candidate in ten years and third after Brede Hangeland (2010) and John Arne Riise (2002).
- In the first year Slovenia's two players were shortlisted, Josip Iličić joined Jan Oblak, a five-time candidate.
- The average age of the 50 nominated players is 27.28'. At 20, Davies and Haaland are the youngest candidates; Thiago Silva, 36, is the eldest.
Team of the Year nominees by club
10 Bayern *
8 Liverpool *, Paris *
3 Atalanta, Inter, Leipzig
2 Atlético Madrid, Chelsea *, Juventus, Lyon, Man. City
1 al-Shabab *, Barcelona, Dortmund, Lazio, Leverkusen, Man. United*, Real Madrid, Sevilla*, Sporting CP*, Tottenham
Team of the Year nominees from the national team
4 Brazil, England, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
3 Argentina, Italy
2 Austria, Belgium, Slovenia
1 Canada, Costa Rica, Egypt, Norway, Poland, Scotland, Senegal
Team of the Year nominees by local league
15 Bundesliga, Germany * (4 clubs)
14 Premier League, England * (5 clubs)
10 Ligue 1, France * (2 clubs)
9 Serie A, Italy (4 clubs)
5 Liga, Spain * (4 clubs)
1 Liga, Portugal * (1 club)
1 Pro League, Saudi Arabia * (1 club)
* Kai Havertz, Thiago Alcántara, Thiago Silva, Bruno Fernandes and Éver Banega represented two clubs in 2020' – both counted here.
Men's Team of the Year select