Leicester City, which has just joined the UEFA Europa League, has already qualified for the 32nd round and the Ukrainian host Zorya Luhansk will be at the top of the group if they double Zorya Luhansk, who recorded their first Group G points with a 3-0' win in the 3rd Match AEK in Athens'
• Leicester came from behind three times and won their first three games before drawing 3-3 at Braga', with Jamie Vardy finishing the score in the fifth minute of added time. This result in Portugal, combined with Zorya''s victory in Greece, ensured the English side's qualification. Matchday 5 hosts can only stay in contention if they end Leicester''s undefeated run, but even a victory for Zorya would be futile if Braga' lost to AEK'.
• Leicester scored against Zorya #39 with a 3-0 win in the first match of the UEFA Europa League and in the first match against the opponent in Ukraine'. James Maddison scored his first goal in his Europe' debut before Harvey Barnes's next shot – again Europe' first – and Kelechi Iheanacho clinched the three points.
• Zorya''s pre-season English opposition experience was limited to two matches against Manchester United in the 2016/17 UEFA Europa League group stage, both of which ended in a win (0-1 a, 0-2 h). the eventual winners of the competition. Therefore, they are still looking for the first goal against a Premier League club.
• Zorya, who finished third in the 2019/20 Ukrainian Premier League, is in the European competition for the seventh consecutive season. They lost in four of the previous six campaigns in the UEFA Europa League play-off stage. Last season, under current manager Viktor Skrypnyk, Espanyol (1-3 a, 2-2 h) were displaced by their league. The placement gave them direct access to the group stage this term – as with their two previous participations in 2016/17 and 2017/18.
• Zorya finished the group with two points in the 2016/17 season and finished the next season in the third place with six points. They have not yet experienced European football in the spring.
• Zorya has won just one of eight home games in the UEFA Europa League group stage and has lost five of the last six games this season, including Braga (1-2) and AEK (1-4).
• Leicester placed fifth in the 2019/20 Premier League, to qualify for the UEFA Europa League for the first time and participate directly in the group stage.
• This is only the club's fifth European campaign. Their most successful was in the 2016/17 season, when they made their UEFA Champions League debut as England champions, reaching the top of their group and reaching the quarter-finals – the best performance by any Englishman. they lost to club that season – Atlético de Madrid'.
• Leicester''s 2-1 win over Athens' in Matchday 2' ended three consecutive European away defeats. They have won only three of their 11 away games in UEFA competition (D2 L6), the most impressive being in Club Brugge' they won 3-0 in their UEFA Champions League debut four seasons ago.
Links and trivia
• Leicester coach Brendan Rodgers has been successful in all three of his UEFA Europa League group campaigns, having previously finished Liverpool in first place in 2012/13 ahead of Anji, Young Boys and Udinese, and second in Celtic after Salzburg in 2018 / Above RB Leipzig and Rosenborg at 19'. However, there are 32 draws, two with Liverpool (Zenit in 2012/13' and Beşiktaş in 2014/15') and two with Celtic/#39 (Zenit again in 2017/18' and Valencia in 2018/19'). The round ended with elimination. .
• Leicester is just one of 48 clubs to enter the group stage of this season and have never played a match in the UEFA Europa League, including qualifying. He is also one of the first players to enter the six group stages, along with CSKA-Sofia (Group A), Granada and Omonoia (both E), Sivasspor (Group I) and Royal Antwerp (Group J), and the first to ensure progress. knockout stage.